Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Holiday Dishcloths


So last night on during break time I pulled out my crochet needle and started working on this dish cloth. I'm going to make three for my Mom. They will all be in Christmas colors. I haven't crocheted anything square in a while and it doe...sn't feel quite right but I'm going to keep going until I complete this thing. The pattern called for an H hook and looking at the stitches I could have gone up a size but I want the stitches to be tighter because my Mom will actually be washing dishes with these. She has a dishwasher but does not use it. A tighter stitch will keep the cotton from stretching out right away.
 
Working on this wasn't painful as I thought it would be. I will be happy though to move on to a different yarn. This cotton with the crochet hook was a bit of a challenge. I had to tug on the work sometimes. In any case, it's a beginning to getting back into crocheting.


 

No comments: